According to my Instagram feed, I started this quilt five weeks ago. I planned out every single detail and had a placement for each and every piece of fabric, and with 27 fabrics total, that was a good idea. It took me quite a while to get this one pieced, and then even longer to get it quilted!
As you can see, there are four different grays in the background on this quilt. All are Robert Kaufman Quilter’s Linen and the colors are Platinum, Silver, Steel and Grey. Then, the arcs are on a gradient front light in the top left corner to dark in the bottom right corner. Basically the oppposite of the background. I felt this helped the colors pop more and created more depth to the quilt.
For the back, I used a linen/cotton blend I found at Fancy Tiger Crafts up in Denver that held a few of the colors I used on the front. This print, from what I understand, is out of print now and hard to find, but it’s from Kokka.
There is a closeup of the quilting I did on this one. I’m quite enamored with the texture it created and the overall design. I’m sad to see this one go, but I’m sure it will find a lovely new home.
Final Size | 38″ x 49″
Fabrics Used | Robert Kaufman Quilter’s Linen in Platinum, Silver, Steel and Grey, plus various fabrics from my stash.
Thread | Aurifil 50 wt. in 2024 for piecing, Aurifil 50 wt. in 2615 for quilting
Batting | Warm and Natural 100% Cotton